10th Annual PA Sleep Society Meeting
Held Saturday May 5, 2018 in Harrisburg, PA
The PA Sleep Society will award a scholarship to an eligible trainee to attend the annual meeting. Please click on educational grant form for details.
Vendors from our 2017 Meeting:
- Work in progress!!!!
- Cresscare Medical
- Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
- Inspire Medical Systems
- Itamar Medical
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- KEGO Corporation
- Philips Respironics
- ResMed Corp
- Respitech Medical Inc.
- Superior Oxygen & Medical Supplies
2017 Support Level:
- Philips Respironics: Silver
- ResMed Corp: Silver
- Natus Sleepworks: Bronze
SESSION 1 / 8:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m.
Public Health: Utilizing Science to Inform and Implement Policy Change
- 8:10 School Start Times: A student’s perspective
- 8:15 School Start Times: What does the science say?
Indira Gurubhagavatula, MD MPH
- 8:45 Making the Change: A national perspective.
Terra Snider, PhD
- 9:05 Making the Change in Pennsylvania. Gail Karafin,PhD
- 9.25 What can we do in Pennsylvania? A panel discussion. Indira, Terra, Gail & Anya
- 9:40Morning Break and Exhibits
SESSION 2 / 10:35 a.m.–11:35 a.m.
The Nirav P. Patel Keynote Address
- 10:00 Diagnostics for Sleep Medicine: What Does the Future Hold?
Nancy Collop, MD
SESSION 3 / 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
- 11:00 Opioids and Insomnia: A Case Presentation
Ilia Kritikou, MD
- 11:30 The association between cardiovascular disorders and OSA
Miranda Tan, DO
Lunch & Exhibits / 12:00 p.m.– 1:00 p.m.
SESSION 4 / 1:00 p.m.– 2:30 p.m.
The New Sleep Lab: Complex Patients and Treatment Options
- 1:00 Advanced Treatment Approaches for Sleep Disordered Breathing
Bob Warrell, RPSGT
- 1:30 Management of Complex Patients in the Sleep Lab: The Implications of Severe Obesity.
Matthew Anastasi, RPSGT
- 2:00 Developing an Inspire Program at your Sleep Disorders Center.
Colin Huntley, MD
Coffee Break & Exhibits / 2:30 p.m.– 2:45 p.m.
SESSION 5 / 2:45 p.m.– 5:00 p.m.
The Clinical Care for Sleep Disorders
- 2:45 “Opiates & CPAP Titrations… the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.”
Michele Kowalewski, RPSGT, RST
- 3:15 Hospital Sleep Medicine.
Rochelle Goldberg, MD
- 3:45 Group Visits for the Management of Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
Charles Bae, MD
- 4:15 Is lack of sleep “bugging” you? Unravelling the sleep-gut connection”.
Alyssa T. Brooks, PhD
- 4:45 Program Evaluation and Adjournment
A summary of our 2018 meeting is in our current newsletter.