9th Annual PA Sleep Society Meeting
Held Saturday May 6, 2017 in Harrisburg, PA
For more details and a downloadable PDF, see the 2017 Meeting Brochure
The PA Sleep Society will award a scholarship to an eligible trainee to attend the annual meeting. See the Education Grant Form for details.
Vendors for our 2016 Meeting:
- Cresscare Medical
- Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
- Inspire Medical Systems
- Itamar Medical
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- KEGO Corporation
- Philips Respironics
- ResMed Corp
- Respitech Medical Inc.
- Superior Oxygen & Medical Supplies
2016 Support Level:
- Philips Respironics: Silver
- ResMed Corp: Silver
- Natus Sleepworks: Bronze
SESSION 1 / 8:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m.
Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
- 8:10 Sleep and Cancer
Diane C. Lim, MD, MTR
- 8:40 Managing Difficult Titrations
Robert Warrell, CCT, RPSGT, RST
- 9:10 Effects of Obstructive Sleep Apnea and its Treatments on Partners
Faith S. Luyster, PhD
- 9:40Morning Break and Exhibits
SESSION 2 / 10:35 a.m.–11:35 a.m.
The Nirav P. Patel Keynote Address
- 10:00 Can We Sleep Our Way to Better health?
Daniel J. Buysse, MD
SESSION 3 / 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
- 11:00 Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome
Yoon Hee A. Chang, MD
- 11:30 The Impact of Insomnia on Physical and Mental Health
Isabelle Sorecca, MD
Lunch & Exhibits / 12:00 p.m.– 1:00 p.m.
SESSION 4 / 1:00 p.m.– 2:30 p.m.
- 1:00 Sleep Science Coaching in the World of Sports
Brendan Duffy, RPSGT, RST
- 1:30 OSA in Commercial Drivers: Practical Considerations for Clinicians.
I. Gurubhagavatula, MD
- 2:00 Sleep Deprivation: Determinants, Measurement, and Consequences.
Mathias Basner, MD
Coffee Break & Exhibits / 2:30 p.m.– 2:45 p.m.
SESSION 5 / 2:45 p.m.– 5:00 p.m.
- 2:45 Cross-Cultural Differences in Infant and Toddler Sleep.
Jodi A. Mindell, PhD
- 3:15 New Treatment Modalities for Pediatric OSA.
Ignacio E. Tapia, MD, MTR
- 3:45 Sleep and Circadian Rhythm Effects on Substance Use in adolescents and Young Adults.
Brant P. Hassler, PhD
- 4:15 Understanding the Connection Between Autism and Sleep Via Overlapping Genetic Mechanisms.
Olivia J. Veatch, MS, PhD
- 4:45 Program Evaluation and Adjournment
A summary of our 2016 meeting is in our current newsletter.